Making it easy to look after your money
Sorry, we can’t offer this product at the moment because of coronavirus. We’re working hard on a new way of applying online. This should be available soon.
At a glance
- Choose the account that suits you bestPick from our MySavings savings account, our MyAccount current account, or both (which accounts are available depends on how old you are).
- Start building good money habitsHaving your own bank account is a great way to learn about managing money.
- Manage your account the easy wayFrom the age of 11 you’ll be able to use online, mobile and phone banking to check your balance and send money between your savings account and current account. 1
- Only spend what you haveYou can only use the money that’s in your account. So you don’t need to worry about spending more than you have available. 2
Take a closer look
A straightforward savings account you can open with as little as £10. You’ll earn interest on your savings every month. And if you’re aged 7-10, you’ll also receive a free moneybox when you open your account.
Available for customers aged 7 to 17 years old.
Our current account designed especially for young people. It comes with a contactless Visa debit card, which means you can shop online and in stores. 3 And you can also withdraw up to £100 in cash from any ATM, as long as you have money in your account.
Available for customers aged 11 to 17 years old.
Things you should know
Other account information
Important account documents
Who can apply?
雅博体育appYou can apply for one of our children's accounts if:
- you’re 7-17 years old if applying for MySavings (or 11-17 if applying for MyAccount)
- you’re a UK resident
- (if your parent or guardian already banks with us) you can give proof of your identity
- (if your parent or guardian doesn't bank with us) you and your parents can provide proof of identity and address
1. Subject to planned maintenance periods. Automated telephone banking service is available 24/7. Back to 'Other account information'
2. Very occasionally, we may have no option but to allow a payment to leave your MyAccount despite a lack of funds. You won’t have to pay any interest or charges if this happens. Back to 'At a glance'
3. If for any reason you or your parent or guardian doesn’t want a Visa debit card, please get in touch with us and we can stop one from being sent to. Back to MyAccount